28.8.07

BEYOND GOODWILL

GRAN'S CLOSET

Sorry about the double post today, but this didn't seem to fit with the introduction.

I'd like to share some magic with youall: shop at your granmothers.

Chances are they'll let you take anything that catches your eye, because, welll, she's your grandma! And she doesn't wear that stuff anymore anyway..
It's like your own personal thrift shop, but everything is better than cheap, and you don't have to go through as much dirty post-80's garbage[that'd be nineties, and the now. I'm sorry.]

I've inherited some fabulous printed tights, great blouses, and loads of jewelry. But, maybe I am just lucky. My granmother in question owns and manages a thrift shop downtown. I only have to pick what I like and bag it. But, to prove I'm not the only one, a friend of mine sits among her discoveries. [my internet connection is slow right now, please the link.]
http://a858.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/98/l_674dd9b598218a9337ce9f8116242431.
*orgasm*

And, a word to the wise, don't ever let your friends borrow, or give them your stuff, or the stuff that should be yours. in my experience they turn out not to be your friends, and now you're regrettting letting them have all that stuff. Catty bitches.



SO.
If you haven't gone already, I suggest you book it. Think how sorry you'll be when you inquire about a cousin's cute little clutch at the next fam. reunion and she tells you "Our Grandma gave it to me..."


In extension.. not only may you find fabulous vintage accessories, you mihgt find some great books and postcards, old letters, etc. If you think of yourself as one of those intelligentle, you might be surprised. The rest of your family is perhaps not all as stupid as you thought.

No comments:

like lips on a whistle i just need to be around you.